Yesterday the wife and I traveled to French Lick, IN to try out the mountain bike trails on the resort.
The verdict: Win.
Ever since it was announced April 10, 2014, I’ve been committed to making this my next mountain bike.
Fitting regular rides in along with working two jobs and significant volunteer commitments tends to leave the website feeling neglected.
How about some pixels, some words, and some GPS tracks to make us happy?
Tuesday combined with some dry spring weather before a rainy week, a day off of work, and a strong desire to get out on the bikes.
I have to say, 2013 was the best year of riding I’ve had in a long time. It came at the expense of hiking and canoeing, though. According to my Strava logs, I rode for almost 70 hours and logged around 360 miles of riding (combined between my commuter and mtb). There were a handful of rides I did not log, so in total, I probably reached 400mi or close to it. My goal was to get to 500mi on the mtb by itself, so I did come up a bit short.
My old Maguras finally gave up the ghost this year, so I’ve decided it’s time to put some modern hydros on. I’ve been dealing with sticky pistons all year. Mostly putting up with them, but I’ve also spent some time trying to unstick them, with less success than I’d like. They’re 11 year old brakes that have needed almost zero maintenance in 11 years aside from two bleeds, two sets of pads, and a few alignment adjustments.
That title fits this tune pretty well.
I mentioned in my last post that I recently moved. My new place has a basement that makes for a perfect gear storage and bike workshop. I took advantage of that space to do a frame swap for my commuter. Bye-bye On-One Pompetamine. Your rear dropouts and disc caliper mount were a pain in my ass and it was time to replace you with something that just worked.
Sorry for the late post. After the BCBD, I moved into a new place and have been busy getting everything unpacked and organized. I’m mostly situated now, and I need to catch up on some posts.